When a homeowner starts to think of making home improvements to help sell their home, the mind almost always goes to kitchen and bathroom remodeling and renovations. This is because these areas are often big selling points. So, if a person or couple falls in love with the kitchen and bathrooms, an offer is sure to come. However, while they will help you sell our home, these improvements are costly and rarely pay for themselves. So, which home improvement can save you money and help sell your home?
Amazingly, small cosmetic improvements can go a long way to helping sell your home. While relatively inexpensive, they add polish and can increase the perceived value of a property. When making home improvements, critically look at your home and try to put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. What needs to be spruced up? If you are unsure, start with these 5 simple and inexpensive tips.
1. Refresh the Kitchen – Very often, you don’t need a complete renovation or kitchen remodel. Instead, repaint the cabinet doors and update the handles and hardware. Also, consider replacing your old sink faucet with a shiny new one.
2. Renew the Bathroom – There are also many money-saving options for the bathroom. Things you can do to renew your bathroom include replacing the mirror, fixing any broken tiles, updating the toilet, and replacing the faucet and other bathroom fixtures.
3. Install Closet Systems – An overstuffed closet can make it seem like your home does not have adequate storage space. Install a closet system. However, when you refill it, place just enough so that your closet appears well-organized, and clutter-free.
4. Add More Light – Start by replacing any burned out light bulbs. Then, add a few mirrors that will reflect the natural light coming from the windows. Look for any dark corners where the light doesn’t reach and add a lamp.
5. Fresh Paint – A new coat of paint can help your home appear polished, larger, and more presentable. Select bright and neutral colors. Start with the walls, but also repaint your front door. A nice looking entryway can set the stage for the rest of the walk-through.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to know more about home improvement that can save you money and help you sell, please contact us.
Latest posts by Diane Holm (see all)
- Incorporating Trendy Colors in Your Home for Sale - January 23, 2018
- Tips for Buying and Hanging Art - January 12, 2018
- Home Improvements that Can Save You Money and Help You Sell - November 27, 2017