Home staging is a method for helping you sell your home faster and for more money. That said, there are many factors that go into a home’s price and saleability. Many potential clients will ask, “Does home staging guarantee my house will sell?” The only honest answer is no. Staging helps prepare your home for sale and increases appeal to the largest number of home buyers. However, other factors do have a major influence.
Other Factors That Influence a Home Sale
1. The Local Market – It is often stated that real estate is all about location. Regardless of national trends, all real estate is local. Factors like the local school district, job opportunities, development, crime rates, and more will all impact a home’s price and saleability. If your house is in a depressed real estate market, home staging can help but it cannot erase those issues.
2. The Real Estate Agent – Once you decide to sell your home, you will discover everyone has a friend or relative who is a real estate agent. Simply put, real estate professionals are a dime a dozen. It is important to pick one that is experienced, but also honest and reputable. Finding a top producer will have a big impact on your success.
3. The Listing Price – It is very important to list your home at a price based on similar properties that have recently sold. Typically, this will mean nearby homes sold within the last 3 months or less. Ultimately, the market determines your home’s value. Pricing a home too high will keep buyers away.
4. The Property Condition – Most home sale agreements include an inspection contingency. Aesthetic and cosmetic improvements may help mask some maintenance issues, but a good home inspector will discover these problems. A home buyer then has the right to ask to have them resolves, to receive a credit, or even withdraw the offer.
Ultimately, home staging is about creating the best possible first impression. In order to get the best price for your home, it is important that a seller understands all the factors that go into a home’s price and saleability. If you would like to talk more about how home staging can help sell your home, or a related topic, please contact us.
Latest posts by Diane Holm (see all)
- How to Spruce Up Your Landscape - April 30, 2018
- Why This Is a Great Time to Put Your House on the Market - April 2, 2018
- Spring Trends in Furniture and Accessories - February 28, 2018